3.27.2008

something really neat

I would like to tell you about something pretty cool. I should be in bed right now because I'm pretty sick and tired, but I just found this really cool thing and I think you should know about it as well (you're welcome) and my homework's done so it's okay--I can do whatever I want now. Here's the really cool thing: radio on the internet. I know you're thinking "Mattie, you're a little behind the times. I can just go to the website of 101.9 or 100.3 or 102.7 or whatever and listen to it, duh." But no, this is much better. Following is a list of benefits:

a. It's totally free.
b. There are virtually, no I mean literally, NO commercials.
c. It doesn't take forever for songs to download, even on your really slow Qwest Broadband at your grandpa's house that takes thirty minutes to download a two minute video. In fact, they don't even have to download. You don't even have to wait half-way through a song for it to "buffer" (whatever that means).
d. You can pick your songs.
e. You can skip songs you don't like (there's a limit to how many songs you skip) and you can tell the station to never play a song again if you absolutely hate it.
f. You can create multiple "stations" with different genres of music to fit your every mood.

Okay, so now are you excited? Yeah, it's really awesome. I've been listening to it for a while and I really enjoy it and I'm really pumped to use it at work tomorrow because I'm thinking music is probably about the only thing that will get me through another day of tax season. If you want to try it, just go to www.pandora.com and register. I'm telling you, it's a pretty cool thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mattie you better start pumping that music at DG...I don't know if I'll make it with out it either!!! We are both sicker than a dog...basically all we can do is taxes and blog. I hope you get feeling better soon.