6.15.2008

happy father's day


Just wanted to give a little shout out to my husband who is two-thirds of the way to being a father. So I think it counts to wish him a happy father's day. I am really blessed to have him as a husband and I know that he's going to be an excellent father. He is pretty ecstatic that he'll be one in less than three months. He'll probably freak out once he sees that I wrote even four sentences about him on the blog, so I'm stopping here. Except for that Tarisa tagged me and I'm going to do it about Scott instead. Here you go:



Four places he goes over and over:


  • Work. He is such a hard worker and he hardly ever complains which I know is hard for him because it's hard for him to go to a job that he doesn't really want to have for a career.

  • The golf course. He loves to golf and feels that it is necessary to go at least once a week because "it will help him in his professional life."

  • The gym. He has his first triathlon on Saturday and I am really proud of him for working so hard to complete his goal.

  • Home. He likes to be at home with me...most of the time...besides when he's golfing.

Four places he likes to eat:



  • Miramar. It's this awesome ghetto Mexican restaurant that his family loves. It's one of my favorites too.

  • Pappa's. He LOVES MEAT. Pappa's is another great ghetto steak house that is one of his favorites when he can't bum a quality T-Bone at Ruth's Chris off his dad.

  • Happy Sumo. Scott can be a picky eater about some things, but he sure loves him some sushi. He introduced me to sushi and I love it as well. He'll eat anything they put in front of him which is crazy. I have my limits.

  • Home. He loves my cooking! I love that he loves it. It makes me feel good about myself.

Four places he would like to be right now:



  • On a cruise. He's a cruiser for sure and would kill to go on one at any minute.

  • Anywhere but Utah. It's either too cold or too hot for him. I agree. This winter was unbelievable!

  • Not at work. Every Sunday night he says, "I would pay anyone $100 if I didn't have to go to work tomorrow." He loves the weekends.

  • On vacation anywhere. He loves to travel. He's also fun to travel with because he's up for anything. We've had some fun traveling adventures.

Four TV shows he enjoys:



  • American Idol. I introduced him to it and he was a total David Archuleta fan this year.

  • The Law and Order franchise. I also turned him on to Law and Order. I can guarantee you that there is always an episode of Law and Order on at any given time of the day. It's great.

  • Anything that has to do with football, basketball, baseball, or golf. He loves to watch sports. Just like any other guy.

  • I think he really likes the Discovery channel. He enjoys Deadliest Catch and Man vs. Wild. Those are also on all the time.

Four books he has enjoyed (this one was kind of hard for me and I'm pretty much guessing on all of them except the first):



  • The Godfather. His all-time favorite book. If you know Scott, it totally fits. And he will tell you that the book is a thousand times better than the movie...not that he's seen the movie...

  • The DaVinci Code. Probably mostly because it didn't take very long to read.

  • I think one of his favorite childhood books was Where the Red Fern Grows. Which is cool because that was the first book I cried in.

  • He'd probably say the Book of Mormon. And not just to make himself look good.

So there you have it. He's a pretty cool guy, isn't he? I sure love him and I can guarantee that he'll be a great father. So happy father's day baby!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That post was great! it made me laugh too. I would have to say pappa's is WAY ghetto..but it's real good too! I love that ranch dressing they give you for the salads.

Adam said...

Scott Happy Late Father's day! Being a dad is a neat experience! I LOVE it. It is one of the best feelings to hold your little girl in your arms. Blessing her was a great experience also.