6.23.2008

triathlon number one

Scott successfully completed his first triathlon last Saturday and despite being really tired, we all had a good time. Kyle and Jamie were really nice to let us sleep at their apartment on Friday night so we didn't have to wake up extra early to make the drive to Provo on Saturday morning.

Scott and Kerri both did well for their first triathlon. Lorie and I were proud of both of them for finishing because it honestly looked hard. We were glad that they didn't drown, get in a five-bike pileup, or pass out from running in the heat. Here are some pictures from the event:

Before the race. They had no idea what was really in store for them.

Scott wouldn't let me post any swimming pictures of him, but this is my favorite of Kerri. She said that the swimming was the closest she has ever come to drowning. When she got close to the end, she just kind of doggy-paddled the rest of the way.

Scott on his trusty mountain bike. Although it is trusty, he will NOT be using it for the next triathlon. He could have shaved off a lot of time with a road bike. He may look happy in this picture, but he really wasn't.

When Kerri passed us on her bike, she said, "I have to pee!" And not very quietly.

Scott running by. He's too cool and focused to smile for the camera here.

And they're finished! Don't they look good for just having completed a triathlon?

So it was a great learning experience for Scott and he's looking forward to his next one on July 12. This one is in a pool, so no getting kicked in the head for him. And Kerri isn't doing this one, so she won't get run up the middle by an old man while swimming. Good job guys!

10 comments:

Nathan and Lara said...

Wow! That is seriously impressive. I admire it when people can do things like this because it is something I will probably never aspire to!

Jamie said...

Scooter nice job bro! Honestly I didn't think you were up for it...at all. Just kidding, thanks for kicking it with us. Tell us how Logan goes.

Anonymous said...

Kudos to Scott and Kerri!!!!

Jamie said...

Mattie I'm sorry I copied your baby tracker. What can I say, I look up to everything you are and just want to be exactly like you! These little things help!hahah!

Unknown said...

OK...Someone is getting behind on their posting!!! Let's go little family!

and of course SUPER JOB on the triathlon!!!

Cassie and Mason Green said...

so i just need to clear something up for you.... did you see mason in the 4th of july on motorcyle with another chick? well that was my sister in law amy, she said that was so completely awkward, someone was yelling, cassie, cassie, and she said she didn't even want to turn around. halarious! anyways i just thought i would let you know my husband doesn't frequently take other girls for rides on his bike! how are things? hows the baby?

Abbey Hadley said...

Scott & Mattie! You are my new favorite couple. Max couldn't stop talking about you two last night. You made quite the impression. Especially you, Scott. Bring your laffy taffy on Sunday, I think Max will give it a try.
P.S. way to go on the triathlon. You should try to talk Chad into doing one with you.

Ryan and Mandi said...

Great blog! I didn't know you guys had one. Scott is amazing to be able to do a triathlon!! I am impressed

Jaycie Allen said...

Come on Matt-co. It's time for an update.

Unknown said...

Oh where oh where has my sister in law gone...oh where oh where can she be?! Come on Mattie...i am ahead...that NEVER happens!!!