7.15.2008

a funny story

So sorry for the vacation I have taken from blogging. I have been somewhat uninspired lately. Anyway, I thought of a funny story that happened a few weeks ago that you may (or may not) enjoy.

Scott has always been really complimentary of me. He always tells me when he thinks I look nice or when he likes my dinners. He would never tell me that I looked ugly or fat, and honestly I don't think he would ever think that. He's just great. Sometimes he "helps" me if my mascara is all over my face or if my hair is messed up. A few weeks ago, we were headed to dinner at his parents' and I was freshening up. I decided I didn't like how my hair was done so I thought I'd fix it up in a side-pony. Keep in mind that I'm not a frequent wearer of the side-pony. I finished my freshening up and we got in the car to go to dinner. We were driving up the street when Scott looked over at me and said in a very soft and nice voice, "honey, I think your ponytail is favoring the left side of your head." I just thought it was funny how he tried to use the kindest words possible to tell me that my ponytail looked pretty horrible. I explained to him that it was supposed to favor the left side of my head because it was a side-pony. Needless to say, I probably won't be wearing the side-pony very often because I guess men don't understand the concept of the ponytail "favoring" one side of your head over the other. Just a warning to all you women out there.

8 comments:

Carlee Ann said...

I won't lie... this story made me laugh! What a cute husband! Always looking out for you! ;)

Anonymous said...

That is classic. I can picture that whole story in my head!!!

Jamie said...

That is so funny! Oh Scottie! At least he was kind!

Abbey Hadley said...

Oh, Scott, what a nice guy. Chad would not be so nice. He'd tell me it looked ugly.
Ok, a memory of you, dear, sweet Mattie.....I remember right after Chad and I got engaged we came into the Mandarin and didn't tell anyone were engaged yet, you were our helper and brought us our water, and I was trying to hide my hand so no one would see my ring, but you caught me by surprise and saw it and went back to the service area and asked Mandi if I was engaged. Then there was a crowd at our table. But, I have to agree that the most memoriable would be Jeni's. You can't compete with that crazy experience. I kinda miss it.....love you Mattie!

Abbey Hadley said...

P.S. I hope you enjoyed my run-on sentence in there....sorry!

Unknown said...

I just laughed right out loud. I can totally hear him saying that in that nice kind voice!

em said...

this is a great story, you've got a good husband!

Jaycie Allen said...

That is too funny! Good boy Scott!!