I have had a couple requests for pictures of my belly, but I always find excuses to not take pictures of myself. I'm either too busy to think about it and when I'm not busy I usually don't look photo-worthy. Tonight was one of the non-cute-looking nights. So I will try to look cute tomorrow and post a picture. Actually, I should be really busy because I have a ten page paper due on Saturday that is not even half way finished, but I'm having a hard time staying focused and writing what I want to write.
8.06.2008
sick of this part
Anyway, here's an update for you: I'm sick of being pregnant.
If you were to ask me in each trimester how I was feeling, this is how it would go:
First trimester - "I feel sick and tired and I don't have energy to do anything. But mostly good." Not much to say here mostly because I can't even remember the first trimester. It seems like that was ages ago.
Second trimester - "I feel AWESOME!" (I remember telling Scott once that I could be pregnant forever if this is how it was going to be.) The second trimester is seriously the best. Not too big but people can see your belly, still able to move around comfortably, still able to sleep through the night without waking up to go potty. I sometimes wish I was back in those days, but then that would mean that I would have to endure the third trimester again. So I take that back.
Third trimester - "This is horrible." Actually, I really tell people that I'm feeling great, but that's not the truth. Everything is so much harder. Little things like putting on my pants in the morning or shaving my legs have become almost impossible. Plus I don't get much sleep because of my constantly full bladder. Sometimes I even have to have Scott push me out of bed in the morning. Braxton Hicks contractions are seriously annoying and probably the only good thing about this trimester is that it means I'm almost done! That and feeling the baby kick. That never gets old, even when his head hits my bladder or he gives a little kick to my ribs.
I am just mentally ready to have this baby, even though realistically we're not. We still have a lot to do before he comes, so I'm hoping he'll hold out for a few more weeks. But that may not be the case because I went to the doctor today and my blood pressure is a teeny bit high. So if it's too high when I go in next week, I'll have to be induced early. Even though I'm not dilated one half of a centimeter or thinned out at all (which was kind of disappointing). So for now, I'm just kind of trying to take it easy and drinks lots of water so my feet don't swell like they did that one time you all remember (luckily they haven't since then).
Anyway, I will try to look cute tomorrow and post a picture of my belly for you all to see. It's getting pretty huge! Someone said to me the other day, "I just don't know how your belly is going to get any bigger!" Thanks, but even though I'm pregnant and supposed to look like that, I'm still sensitive to comments about my body looking massive. It doesn't help either when people say, "Well you're supposed to gain weight. You're pregnant!" I now know never to say those kinds of things to a pregnant woman because she is even more hormonal and crazy-emotional than before (if you thought that was possible).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
us
the parents
family & friends
- adam and stacey
- brandon and lauren
- brooke
- burgundy and trevor
- carlee
- chad and abbey
- chris and shantel
- chris and tarisa
- clark and katie
- dan and tara
- devin and kati
- harv and lara
- jon and mccall
- kelli jean
- kerri ann
- kyle and jamie
- kylee and sam
- luke and jaycie
- marshall and hayley
- mason and cassie
- matthew and sara
- mekenzie and andrew
- mom and dad daines
- mom and dad russell
- ryan and jordan
- scott and amy
- tony and abby
- wade and brooke
search my labels
- family stuff (16)
- jonah (26)
- moi (13)
- prego (7)
- random stuff (15)
- scottie boy (4)
- the happy couple (6)
- vacations (3)

6 comments:
Hooray for new posts!! I am going to be honest with you, this last month is going to be the longest month of your life....No lie! Please, please let me know if I can do anything for you, seriously. I LOVE to clean, especially other people's houses. But for sure before your next appointment, go get a pedicure, so your feet look cute in those stirrups, it will feel great to have someone rub your feet and legs, and because once that baby is here, you won't have time to do something like that for yourself for a long time!
Hey lady consider yourself VERY LUCKY that that little man is still "cooking" you wouldn't want to go home without him! I never really go to experience the third trimester... Some say lucky, but I promised myself I would never complain about being prego, for it is a blessing and there are some that will never get to experience this is a wonderful thing! I agree with Abbey go get yourself a pedicure. And try to rest as much as possible and enjoy this last little bit. Once they are out, you want them back in because you can protect them as much anymore. The first time he is sick you will think, 'I want to be sick for you' You are VERY VERY BLESSED to have him still cooking... But I understand you just want to meet your little man, me too! Lots of Love
Mattie, I see you almost every day and I think you look great! You handle pregnancy so well. You always do say you feel "great" now I know the truth! hang in there.
Hang in there Mattie!!! You really are a great example to me. Telling people you feel great even though your not it a true example for helping those of us who have never been pregnant. That gives us hope, so thanks. He will be here sooner than you know it, CRAZY. Tell Scott hi for us and hopefully you will post pic's of the cute little guy when he comes. Lava you!
Mattie I think you are a way cute pregnant lady and don't you ever forget it!
Congrats on the new baby!!! We are so excited for you! We can't wait to see pictures of him. Way to go Mattie.
Post a Comment