5.28.2009

nine months

Stats
weight: 21 lbs. 15 oz. (75th percentile)
height: 28 1/4" (50th percentile)
teeth: 2.5
hair: long, thick, and blond
eyes: beautiful blue

two of his teeth. the top one is almost in.

Favorites

favorite food: anything he can get in his mouth
favorite length of nap: 30-45 minutes and the occasional 3-hour
favorite mode of transportation: crawling! he finally crawls.

favorite comfort object: his binky
favorite toys: calculators, pens, Blackberries, paper, boxes, remote controls, and sometimes a teddy bear
favorite parent: Dad
favorite places to be: outside, the car, and the grocery store (anywhere but at home)
favorite word: dadadada. Sometimes it sounds more like drladrladrla.
favorite bedtime song: I am a Child of God
favorite thing to do when he hasn't been held enough: get on his stomach, arch his back, flail his arms and legs, and scream at the top of his lungs
two other favorites: standing in his crib and being unphotogenic
favorite treat: Cheerios
Mom's favorite way to get a little break: Baby Einstein!
Adjectives to describe Jonah
curious

stubborn
unamused
social
energetic
unaffectionate
squirmy

nice bed head.
solid
ambitious
friendly
adorable
he loves his binky, no matter the color. he is no respecter of binkies.
I also just read this essay O My Sons and bawled my eyes out. If you have a son, or even any kids, or even not, you should read it.

2 comments:

Ryan and Mandi said...

What a cutie! It's amazing how big he is... so much bigger than Darek! And doing so much! I think Darek will be there soon and these two can be good buddies.

That essay was beautiful and hit way too close to home. Thank you for sharing that.

kylee said...

Mattie I love reading your blog. You always make me laugh. I NEED your address so I can send you a wedding announcement pronto!