Happy 24th birthday Scott! He's getting to be so old. I just can't even believe it. Last night he wanted me to make him spaghetti and meatballs so I attempted homemade meatballs from a recipe off of foodnetwork.com and I'm not going to lie, they were dang good. He kept raving about it, so I felt pretty confident about my domestic/homemaking skills. That was just what I needed after a couple weeks of feeling down on my good-wife abilities (the last thing I want to do after a being at work and school for twelve hours is come home and cook or clean).
He asked for spaghetti and meatballs last year, but I didn't make it because we basically had that meal at least twice a week in our first couple months of marriage. So instead I made salmon that was pretty nasty because it was taken from the in-laws' freezer and who knows how long it had been there. We were both really disappointed about his birthday dinner last year, so I decided to grant his birthday wish with homemade spaghetti and meatballs. We both kept saying how much better these meatballs were than the frozen ones from Costco, which are pretty good...and really easy. And then I thought, "Wow, Mattie, maybe they're better because the meat hasn't been run through machine after machine and then frozen for 10 years." So anyway, that was our experience with spaghetti and meatballs last night. Just ask Scott how wonderful they were.
Lorie then made excellent London broil for him tonight. They even had my family over, which is a huge deal, and I was really grateful for that. He got some awesome gifts: a 20" monitor for his laptop (which is beyond me. He keeps asking me if I want one now for my laptop and I say, "No, Scott, I don't need a 20" monitor for my LAPTOP. This screen I have attached to my computer now is just fine."), some gym clothes, a new basketball, and $50! Anyway, I'm really grateful for Scott today. He's the best husband any girl could ask for.
He asked for spaghetti and meatballs last year, but I didn't make it because we basically had that meal at least twice a week in our first couple months of marriage. So instead I made salmon that was pretty nasty because it was taken from the in-laws' freezer and who knows how long it had been there. We were both really disappointed about his birthday dinner last year, so I decided to grant his birthday wish with homemade spaghetti and meatballs. We both kept saying how much better these meatballs were than the frozen ones from Costco, which are pretty good...and really easy. And then I thought, "Wow, Mattie, maybe they're better because the meat hasn't been run through machine after machine and then frozen for 10 years." So anyway, that was our experience with spaghetti and meatballs last night. Just ask Scott how wonderful they were.
Lorie then made excellent London broil for him tonight. They even had my family over, which is a huge deal, and I was really grateful for that. He got some awesome gifts: a 20" monitor for his laptop (which is beyond me. He keeps asking me if I want one now for my laptop and I say, "No, Scott, I don't need a 20" monitor for my LAPTOP. This screen I have attached to my computer now is just fine."), some gym clothes, a new basketball, and $50! Anyway, I'm really grateful for Scott today. He's the best husband any girl could ask for.

1 comment:
Scottie is getting to be such a big boy! And though his wife may be lucky...he didn't do too shabby either!
Post a Comment