I'm always tired. I hear it's pretty typical for the first months of pregnancy. I always make Scott late to things because I wait until the very last second to drag myself out of bed. It doesn't even matter if I go to bed early the night before. I guess I have always done this, but it's a lot worse lately. And Scott has never once gotten mad at me (at least to my face). He's very patient with me.
Anyway, last Sunday Scott had to be early to church to put the hymn books out and make sure there were enough deacons to pass the sacrament. I woke up a little late and was really trying to hurry to get him there on time, but I didn't make it. He decided just to get a ride with his grandpa and that I would meet him there when I was ready. I was honestly ten minutes away from being ready. So I finished getting ready and walked out the door at 8:55-sort of on time. I got to the car, tried to open the door, but it was FROZEN SHUT. Oh great, I thought. Perfect. I finally got one of the back doors open, started the car, blasted the heat, and found an ice scraper to scrape the four inches of ice all over the car. After doing that for five minutes, I decided that the doors were probably unfrozen, but no. I thought I could climb over the seat, but our car is so dang small that I couldn't make it. I tried to open the driver's side door from the inside, but it still wouldn't open. I thought, even if I can climb over, I'm not going to be able to get out of the car when I get to church! So yes, I decided that I would just have to walk. It's not that far of a walk, but when I got there my cheeks were very rosy and my nose was very runny. I made it to church by 9:15 and Scott and I had the giggles all through sacrament meeting because of it. The thing I can't believe is that the morning before it was 60 degrees outside! I am SO sick of this winter. And I need a hair cut because my hair takes me the longest to do. I am going to chop ten inches off and donate it again. Don't worry, it grows back in a few months (literally). This morning, I had to finish doing my hair at work because I was running late again to take Scott to school. That's it...I'm going to be a mother, and with that comes the opportunity and responsibility to chop off your hair. My hair is down to my butt, so it won't be that short. Anyway, my hope is that soon I'll find some energy somewhere and be able to get up on time and get to the places I need to be on time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
This story made me laugh. I'm proud of you making it to church still. I want to cut my hair too! You should come visit me at Sheer Indulgence!
Maddox! I am so sorry that you feel so tired! I agree with Kylee, that story really made me laugh. I would have just given up, gone back inside and gotten in bed. You are so faithful! My doors do that too! One time I went through a drive-thru and I had to just open my door and get out of the car to get everything because my silly window wont roll down because its frozen! I can't wait till its warm!
Mattco!
That's so sad. The sacrament giggles are the worst! I can't wait to see your hair! It will be darling! And it's a weed already so i can only imagine how fast it's growing with you prenatal vitamins!!
Oh Mackie. That is a nightmare of a day. That had to be the day after the "banana peel" if you know what I mean. You are the best..hang in there.
Post a Comment