4.23.2008

a few things

I haven't posted in a while because from the time of my last post (March 30th) to April 15th, I was basically living at work, coming home, eating, and then sleeping. From April 16th to the present, I have had a very blissful and stress-free week, so I was pretty much milking it for all it was worth. So here are a couple of things:
  • Last Saturday, Scott and his sisters began their racing careers. They ran in the Salt Lake Marathon 5K and did pretty well, meaning at least they didn't finish last. Just kidding, they did great! It was fun to watch them come in at the finish line. I brought my camera and of course the batteries died right after I turned it on, so I whipped out the Blackberry and now I can't figure out how to get the pictures onto my computer. So if anyone knows how to do this, please help me. I consider myself pretty "computer smart" but I'm struggling with this one!
  • I'm really excited about spring! I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for the tulips to start blooming and the trees to get green and it seems like I walked outside on Sunday and all of the sudden, spring had arrived. The world is so much more beautiful when it's green outside.
  • Since Scott decided to start training for two triathlons this summer, we decided to leave the good old gym and get memberships at the new rec center so he could do the running, biking, and swimming all in one place. I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but I pretty much hate running and it's really tough on my joints now that I'm getting fatter by the minute. So now I swim and I love it! I've always enjoyed it, but now I feel like I can get a really good workout without feeling the pain and the heat of doing an aerobic exercise outside of the water. I've gone every day this week so far and I think I'll finally be motivated to exercise now that I've found something I actually enjoy. Plus, I really like the rec center because I don't see many hopped-up-mid-life-crisis-stage men who go to the gym not to work out (hey, the drugs do the work for them), but to hit on the mid-thirties-blonde-hot-moms.
  • Speaking of getting fatter by the minute, I've really grown in the past week. We visited my family on Saturday and when my five year old sister saw me for the first time, she said, "Look at all that fat in there!" Thanks a lot! I'm growing a flippin' baby in there.
  • Speaking of growing a baby in my stomach, tomorrow is the big day! No, we're not having the baby tomorrow, we're just finding out what exactly is in there. I'm halfway through the pregnancy and I'm feeling better than ever. We're pretty excited for tomorrow and I still am betting on it being a girl. If it's a boy, we'll definitely be excited, but every time I talk to the baby in my head, I talk to it as if it's a girl. So that might be a little weird and might take some adjustment.

Anyway, we'll be sure to let everyone know how tomorrow goes. I'm really just nervous that they're going to tell me "You're not measuring at twenty weeks, it's more like you're about 12 or 13 weeks along. Your new due date is October 31st." We won't be able to wait that long. We're already so anxious to meet this baby!

4 comments:

Dan and Tara said...

Mattie, I am so excited to here you are feeling better and have found something that helps you feel energized! Swimming is fabulous! We saw your husband at the gym the other night so I was wondering if you were there too. Next time I'll have to hunt you down in the pool! Good luck tomorrow! I'm rooting for a boy just to make it interesting! :)

Amy & Scott said...

Mattie!! That is so exciting for you guys! I am really excited for you and I hope you guys continue to do well. Also, props for working out during your pregnancy. I'm not pregnant and I don't even work out. You have motivated me though to try swimming so thank you!

kylee said...

Today is your lucky day. I know how to get pictures off your blackberry. You need your blackberry desktop manager CD that your phone comes with. Just load it on and plug your phone in. It's pretty easy from there. I'm sure you already figured this out, but just in case!

Unknown said...

or just senda picture message to your email address from your phone.