5.01.2008

double date

I have a love-hate relationship with bowling. On one hand, it's a fun activity and usually the people you go with aren't very good either, so it doesn't matter when you bowl a 55. On the other hand, it hurts my fingers, I can't aim very well so it's not surprising that I bowl 55s quite often, and the shoes are nasty. So we go anyway mostly because it's pretty fun.



We had a good time last Friday with my sister Lauren and her boyfriend (yeah, that is Brandon that you see there. Weird huh? I went to high school with that kid!). We got some yummy sandwiches, soups, and salads at Paradise and then hit up Orchard Bowl. I think Lauren won one game and Scott won the other, but of course it doesn't matter what my score was. I didn't get any good action shots, but here are some pictures of the happy couples.

Um, yeah, I've gained weight. So what?

Brandon is so excited to be there!

So the night wasn't awkward at all until about thirty minutes into it when Scott asked Lauren if she was excited to be an aunt. She, of course, said "Yeah!" And then, yes then, Scott asked Brandon if he was excited to be an uncle. I about fell out of my chair and I couldn't figure out if Brandon was embarrased or mad. I don't think he was mad, but I felt bad for him. Scott says he just has to give him a hard time, which is understandable because he got a lot of crap while we were dating. I feel bad for my four sisters who are going to have to go through this everytime they seriously date someone. It definitely makes things interesting!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

You both look so cute! And no you have not gained weight! Your darling!

Unknown said...

Yeah...mattie...you don't look fat! and I will post again when I am good and ready to post!!!

mattie said...

ok, i didn't mean for that to sound like i want you guys to tell me that i'm really skinny to boost my self-esteem. but i have already gained ten pounds, so i was mostly stating the facts.

kelzone said...

mattie, you can say you look fat when you don't have a baby growing in you, you look beautiful! and i don't feel bad for lauren at all because at least scott never pulled a machete (i don't know how to spell big sword) on any of her guy friends...