10.15.2008

one month

Okay, I realize that I'm really behind and it's almost been two months, but I want to make sure I have these down.

Jonah was pretty good for the first month, but we started seeing glimpses of his naughty side. He became a little better at eating and he is actually a very good sleeper at night. He goes down around 10:30 or 11 and wakes up around 3:30 and then around 7:30. So, Mom hasn't been too sleep-deprived. Daytime sleeping is a whole different story. He's not a good napper.


This is him on his one month birthday. I guess I'll take a picture of him compared to this froggy every month so I can see how much he has grown. At his two week well check, he weighed 7 lbs. 1 oz. and I took him to the doctor last week because he had a cold and he weighed 9 lbs. 8 oz. So he's definitely growing and even getting a little chubby!

These two pictures showcase Jonah's favorite pastime, which is screaming his head off when he's being held and not being held. He screams when he's not eating, sleeping, or in the bathtub. It gets old pretty fast.

So other than the fact that I have a fussy baby (I'm still in denial about colic. I really don't think it's to that point yet.) and a cat-napper, we have been having a great time. I don't get as much done around the house as I thought I would, but I'm enjoying being home with him. I'm not bored yet! I do have some other things on the side to keep me sane, so that's good. It's a good thing he is so dang cute and that we love him so much or we might have to give him back until he decides to find another way to communicate. If I sound angry or baby-bluesy, it's probably because he's screaming in my ear right as I type. I'm mostly joking around here and just trying to keep it real. But we really do love him and we can't really even remember what life was like before he was here. Whatever it was, it wasn't as good as it is now!

2 comments:

Dan and Tara said...

he is so little in the picture of him on the blanket! He has the littlest legs! So cute though, gotta love little boys!

kylee said...

Mattie! He's so stinking cute. Even when he's crying. I love reading your blog. You're so real.