1.16.2009

four months

Okay, once again I am behind, but I have the dumb camera excuse.


Jonah turned four months before Christmas. All of his pictures are on my camera, so here he is at 4 1/2 months, but you get the point.

And here he is at one month. I can't believe how much he has grown.

At his four month appointment, he weighed a whopping 17 pounds 3 ounces and measured 25 inches. That means he is short and fat. Actually, his height is in the 50th percentile, which is average and his weight is in the 90th percentile, which is above average. So he is just obese.

At four months, Jonah:
  • is no longer nursing. He quit a few days after I wrote that he was still nursing in the morning. I think I jinxed myself. He just plain hated it and I wasn't going to force him into something he didn't want to do.
  • likes to hold his own bottle. It's pretty funny.
  • is very stingy with his laughs. He is not very easily amused.
  • is sort of shy. He buries his head into my shoulder when someone new comes and says hi to him.
  • is very cuddly and I love it.
  • basically sleeps from 9-6:30. Anyone know how to make a baby sleep in? It would be nice for me not to have to wake up that early seeing as how I usually don't have anywhere to go. I have tried keeping him up later but he gets so ornery if he is up past 9:30, so I figure I would rather be up early with a very happy baby than up late with a fussy one.
  • takes very good naps.
  • is now a very happy baby. Long gone are those fussy first two months and boy, am I glad.
  • loves to grab things, hold things, and put things in his mouth. He also LOVES to suck on his hand.

Jonah has been a really fun baby this month. He smiles a lot and we think he kind of likes us. I thought I really loved the newborn stage, but this is so much better because he can actually interact with us and I usually know what he wants. In the words of my mom, the more I get to know him, the more I love him!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Oh Mattie. You are such an adorable family. I want to be like you when i grow up! I second your mom's words..The more you get to know them the more you love them! You don't think you could love anymore than you already do and then somehow..you do! Love you guys. let's set up another play date!!